Yes, advertising is a major source of revenue for community radio. There maybe restrictions on the kind and duration of advertising though. Following are the major sources of revenue for the same;
- Advertisement from local businesses and institutions subject to a few restrictions.
- DAVP government advertisements (mandatorily, available at government prescribed rates)
- Events and Programs that the station may organise.
- Promotion of local events by other businesses, fairs, institutions.
- Grants and sponsorships to specific programs or durations.
Other revenue sources can also be identified during the area survey and business plan creation.
For details please get in touch with us.